Multi-Step Word Problems
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 4 Operations- 4.OA.3
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Wayne's Coin Collection
Step-by-Step Lesson- Wayne exchanges and gives away coins. How
many does he have left?
- Guided Lesson
- Three problems that have just as many steps, if not more.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- All the problems need 3 steps to complete them.
- Practice Worksheet
- A number of solid word problems. Remember that a lot of the time,
it helps to draw pictures when solving these.
- Matching Worksheet
- Match the five word problems to their answers. I left off the
units to make sure students had to complete them entirely.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
I hate when you go to zoo and don't have enough bananas for all the monkeys. Example problem:
"There were 13 monkeys on a tree. Carl gave only 10 bananas to 10 monkeys. How many monkeys didn't get bananas?"
I made these problems more focused on money and quick thinking. Example:
"Sophia paid $300 to buy 2 pairs of shoes. How much money was it for one pair of shoes?"