Multiplication and Division within 100
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 3 Operations - 3.OA.7
Tips for Multiplication and Division- Multiplication and division problems are more challenging for kids to solve as compared to addition and subtraction. With these super-effective and simple tips and tricks, kids can easily solve multiplication and division problems. Multiplication - Multiplying by 2 means you have to add the number twice; 2x4=2+2+2+2=8 - Multiplying by four is to double the number twice; 4x2, double of 2 is 4, and the double of 4 is 8. - Multiplying by 5 means you have cut the number in half, and multiply by 10. 5x6, half of 6 is 3 and 3x10=30 - Multiplying by 5 can provide the answer even when you multiply by 10 and then cut the answer into half. 4x10=40, cut into half, you get 20, which is the answer when you multiply 5 by 4. - When six is multiplied by an even number, they both end in the same digit. 6x2=12, 6x6=36 - Multiplying by 8 means doubling thrice. 8x2, double of 2 is 4, double of 4 is 8, and double of 8 is 16. - When multiplying a number by 10, just add a zero at the end of the digit; 10x2=20, 10x5=50 Division - You can check the answer of a division sum by multiplying the quotient by the divisor. - If the sum of a number is divided by 3, the number will also be divisible by 3 - Any number divided by 1 results in the number itself; 2x1=2, 5x1=5 - If the last two digits of a number are divisible by 4, the number will also be divisible by 4 - If the last digit is an even number, it will be dividable by 2
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Both Orientations Step-by-step Lesson- I do both forms (vertical and horizontal) of division and multiplication that students will see.
- Guided Lesson - This one is done in baby steps. I have pictures that go right along with the problem.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - I chart out the course for every problem. I'm not sure how I could have been more in depth.
- Creating Products and Quotients Lesson - Create your own products and quotients.
- Creating Products and Quotients Practice - More practice on this skill for you.
- Practice Worksheet - Calculate the products and quotients in all orientations.
- Matching Worksheet - Match the problems to their product or quotient.
A sheet for each skill followed by using the skill of finding doubles and halves.
- Homework 1- This can be thought of as repeated addition.
- Homework 2- Complete all the division problems in the various formats.
- Homework 3- You run a cheese shop. Your inventory can be seen below. On Monday, you had double this inventory. On Tuesday, you had half of this inventory.
A whole bunch of different formats in here. See how it goes.
Math Skill Quizzes
Many people asked for a nice mix of problems each quiz has 24 problems.