Using Tiling to Find Area
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 3 Measurement - 3.MD.7
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Tiling Area Step-by-step
Lesson- Things start to break in pieces, to help us find the
area of shapes.
- Guided Lesson
- More practice on this skill. This skill is often over looked and
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I think I did a pretty good job breaking this one down for you.
- Practice Worksheet
- We drill and kill it, but I added a literal twist to the shape
three times. I saw this stump kids on the last test even though
it is the same exact skill.
- Matching Worksheet
- Match the rectangles to the length of their sides.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
Breaking large squares into smaller squares is a huge leap in geometry at this age.
Taking these rectangles apart piece-by-piece is an interesting way to go about it.