The Area of Rectangles
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 2 Geometry- 2.G.2
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Step-by-step Lesson- Understand
how to use standard units of a rectangle to calculate area.
- Guided Lesson -
Count rows and columns and begin to transfer that knowledge to lengths
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I like to break everything down into the simplest parts to explain
this to them.
- Practice Worksheet
- Sentence based problems. It is very helpful if you draw the rectangles.
- Matching Worksheet - Match the rectangles to their area. All rectangles are divided into units for you.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
If we get students in the habit of making whole into a top-heavy fraction, this skill is mastered with ease.
We ask you to create area. In addition, we ask that break rectangles into described area parts.