The Area of Rectangles Worksheets
How to Find the Area of a Rectangle - When you look at the things around you, you will see that all the things around us occupy space. It means that every single thing in this world has an area, right? So, if you ever get to find out the area of a rectangle, how do you find it? If that's what you are also thinking, then it’s time to figure it out. First, we need to recall the formula for the area of a rectangle, which is; A = L x W Here L stands for length, and W stands for the width of the rectangle. Length is the longest side of the rectangle, whereas width is its shortest side. You are given a rectangle with two measures of their sides of 4 inches and 7 inches.In this given rectangle, the longest side, which is the length, is 7 inches and the shortest side, which is the width. It is 4 inches. Now that you have the measurements of both sides, all you have to do is plug in the values in the formula. A = 7 x 4 A = 21 inches You have the answer! Students learn how to find the area ofrectangles with these helpful worksheets.
Aligned Standard: Grade 2 Geometry - 2.G.2
- Step-by-step Lesson- Understand how to use standard units of a rectangle to calculate area.
- Guided Lesson - Count rows and columns and begin to transfer that knowledge to lengths and widths.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - I like to break everything down into the simplest parts to explain this to them.
- Practice Worksheet - Sentence based problems. It is very helpful if you draw the rectangles.
- Matching Worksheet - Match the rectangles to their area. All rectangles are divided into units for you.
- Answer Keys - These are for all the unlocked materials above.
If we get students in the habit of making whole into a top-heavy fraction, this skill is mastered with ease.
- Homework 1- Draw a rectangle that is made up of 2 rows and 2 columns. Determine the area of the rectangle.
- Homework 2- A rectangle has 4 rows and 6 columns. How many squares are in the rectangle?
- Homework 3-It is clear that they want to break the rectangle into 2 rows and 7 columns.
We ask you to create area. In addition, we ask that break rectangles into described area parts.
- Practice 1- A rectangle has 5 rows and 6 columns. How many squares are in the rectangle?
- Practice 2-Partition the rectangle into 2 rows and 8 columns.
- Practice 3- There is a walk through on how to partition geometric shapes in the key here.
Math Skill Quizzes
I find these three areas to be the focus of this curriculum standard.