Unknown Numbers in Sums and Differences
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Measurement- OA.8
- Banana Thief Step-by-step Lesson-
You have got to hate it when a monkey steals your bananas.
- Visuals To Answer Problems Guided
Lesson - You work through 3 problems that all are basic word
problems with the assistance of the pictures.
- Explanation For Above - We
help you work through all the problems with cross outs and counting
- Who Done It? - These problems
have you look for answers to intermediate parts of the question.
- Matching Problems To Answers
- Find the answer that matches each question.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
I received many positive comments on this section. I hope you find it useful.
- Guided Lesson Explanation 1 - This shouldn't move at a snail's pace.
- Guided Lesson Explanation 2 - Sea horses again! For real?
- Guided Lesson Explanation 3 - The great sandwich caper.
- Guided Lesson Explanation 4 - The cookie cross out.
- Step-by-step Lesson - Roy and his crazy ice cream bars.
I created this section as a primer section for word problems.
- Independent Worksheet- Double digit numbers make an appearance here.
- Match Equations Worksheet- Visual to integer correlations are tough for some kids.
- Matching Worksheet- This might be very difficult for students who haven't worked with higher levels of numbers.
- Practice Worksheet - See if the mice help you solve this one.