Organizing and Understanding Data
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Operations- 1.MD.4
- Answer Questions About Data Step-by-step Lesson-
We use pictures to evaluate and answer word based questions.
- Turn Pictures Into Answers Guided
Lesson - This set of questions is based on the number of teachers
we have in certain subjects.
- Counted Guided Lesson Explanation
- We answer the questions by counting.
- Word Problems With Three
Pieces of Data - These questions all involve scenarios that
all have multiple data sets.
- Matching Problems To Their Answer
- This is much easier than when we first set out to create the worksheet.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
This is my favorite skill for kids at this age. They can be so creative here.
- Lesson 1 - Make a system to sort the birds and other animals. Man, I gave it away!
- Lesson 2 - You will never believe some of the sorting system I have seen on this one.
- Comparing Sets of Objects Guided Lesson 3 - We use the skills here to make sure that we can clearly identify visuals.
This is the start of graphing skills. It is important that kids have a solid foundation here.
- Data Chart of Sets of Objects Worksheet 1 - Kids work on making their first simple data chart.
- Counting Straight Data Worksheet 2 - We work the boxes to insure we have our counting skills intact for the next round of new material.
- Classifying Data into Group Worksheet 3 - This is where it gets really interesting. This is still prompted work, so it flows nicely.
- Organizing Data into Categories Worksheet 4 - More of the same, we are steps from letting them loose on their own classification systems.
- Compare Sets of Objects Worksheet 5 - These are great to make sure that kids truly understand the nature of data.
- Data Chart of Sets Worksheet 6 - One more simple counting data chart for the road.