Properties of Math Operations as Problem Strategies
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Operations- OA.3
- Commutative Property Step-by-step Lesson-
We work on the commutative property of addition with flowers.
- Associative and Commutative Properties
Guided Lesson - We hit you with a test on that skill from many
- Properties of Operations Guided
Lesson Explanation - I explain the properties of your basic
operations like adding and subtracting in great detail.
- Which Is The Associative Property?
- We give you four examples and ask you which one shows off the
- Matching Problems and Visuals
- Match the diagrams to the problems that they represent.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
I have a strong feeling that kids need visual cues at this age. That is reflected here.
- Associative Property of Addition Step-by-step Lesson - Relate all of that to a broken down word problem.
- Addition of Pictures To Explain Commutative Properties Lesson - Also called the upside down version of addition.
- Light Bulb Properties of Operations as Strategies - Turn your inner light bulb on.
- Properties of Operations as Strategies - Rewrite this one by simply moving things around, but keeping them the same.
- Rewrite Expressions Lesson - More work on the associative property.
These are a bit more advanced to start working on those upper levels of the curriculum.
- Associative Property Identification - Just make sure that both sides are equal and you are good to go.
- Independent Matching Worksheet - Which operations fit the sum.
- Match Adding Shapes Worksheet- Find the correct sum in each problem.
- Match Equations to the Numbers Worksheet - This is the most advanced worksheet at this skill that I have.