Ones and Tens Place Values
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Numbers- 1.NBT.2
- Visual Ten Places Step-by-step Lesson-
We use blocks to represent the tens place. It makes for an easy
transition from numbers.
- Visual Ones and Tens Place
Explained- We work on a smaller scale to fully explain the concept.
- Visual Place Number Practice 5
Pack- Find the missing place values.
- Ones and Tens Place Practice Worksheet-
This is a nice way to further explore this skill.
- Grouping Worksheet Practice 5 Pack- Figure
out how many tens and ones there are in this set of practice sheet
- Missing Place Numbers Guided Lesson
- A great mix. Includes the missing ones place, noting ones and
tens place, and block counting.
- Visual Guided Lesson Explanation
- I tried to make this one as visual as possible to make it a bit
more easy for students.
- Mixed Practice Problems
- It kind of picks up where the guided lesson has led us. Then it
goes a bit overboard with the visual place blocks.
- Matching Ones and Tens Places
- Match the numbers to their place values.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
I covered current and past teaching methods to let teachers at all ranges have resources for their method.
- Break Apart the Numbers Guided Lesson 1 - This is more an older method teachers used until spreadsheets became the toast of the town.
- Tens and Ones Guided Lesson 2 - If the previous sheet gave students trouble, this one should clear it up for them.
- How Many Circles Guided Lesson 3 - Splitting shapes up into parts leads itself to integers.
- Tens and Ones Guided Lesson Explanation - This one is nice because we go with both shapes and integers.
- Tens and Ones Chart Guided Lesson Explanation 2 - Using columns is the most common method I see teachers use today.
These sheets are all working this skill with many different methods of performing the same overall task.
- Charting Ones and Ten Place Worksheet - Given a number, decide which integer is the tens and one place.
- Write the Numbers Described Worksheet - Lets play "Name that Number!"
- Missing Numbers Worksheet- We adapt this skill to using it in operations.
- Tens and Ones with Models Worksheet - It's all about name shapes as a place value.