Finding the Equation of a Parabola
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Expressing Properties - HSG-GPE.A.2
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Parabola Equation
Hunter Step-by-step Lesson - You are given a directrix and focus.
We ask you for the equation.
- Guided Lesson
- Three for you that are just like the lesson. A nice batch of practice.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- There are several ways to approach these. I like to calculate
distance first and move from there.
- Practice Worksheet
- Somewhat of a drill and kill way to explore this topic. It is
effective for students.
- Matching Worksheet
- Match the equation of the parabolas and their equations.
- Graphs of Parabolas 5
Pack - Just determine the point at which the graph cross the
- Write the Equation for
the Parabola 5 Pack - Given the focus and directrix you need
to determine the equation for the parabola.
- Graphing Parabolas 5 Pack
- This is verbatim what the previous 5 pack was. I had many requests
for more work on this, go figure!
- Classifying a Conic Section Worksheet
Five Pack - Classify them based on their equation (Circles,
Ellipses, or Hyperbolas).
- Parabolas - Find the Focus and Directrix
Worksheet Five Pack - You will see a lot of these when you get
working in this area.
- Parabola- Find the Focus, Vertex
and the Directrix Worksheet Five Pack - Pick each equation to
- Parabola Equation Worksheet
Five Pack - More practice similar to what we see often on this
- Parabolas- Matching Graphs and
Equations Worksheet Five Pack - Which graph goes with which
- Parabolas Worksheet Five Pack
- It does look like I hit you twice with the directions.
- Parabola Equation Match Worksheet
Five Pack - Another graph, equation match activity for you.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
Find the equation when you are given the focus and directrix of a parabola.
The practice sheets add one slight new skill to the mix.