Dilations and Scale Factors
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Trigonometry - HSG-SRT.A.1b
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Coordinate Dilations
Step-by-step Lesson - Move a rectangle along the coordinate
graph by a scale factor dilation.
- Guided Lesson -
The graphs are oversized so that they can be clearly read and worked
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- Break out the ink for this one, sorry. It was the only way to
properly explain the whole thing.
- Practice Worksheet
- Lots of rectangles and lots of movements.
- Matching Worksheet
- The matching is once again not mind boggling at all here.
- Intuitive Notion of Dilation
Worksheet Five Pack - I sure wish I could dilate random items,
that would be neato! I would start with my closet.
- Dilation and Similarity Worksheet
Five Pack - We jump back to the coordinate plane for these.
- Dilations Worksheet Five Pack
- Let's shift these things all over the place.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
Show us how the shape is changed on a coordinate system based on the dilation.
The reason I made these so large is so that students have no trouble seeing the exact coordinates.
Math Skill Quizzes
I through a number of fun images here, just to lock down the concept.