Square and Cube Roots
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 8 Number System- 8.EE.A.2
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Multiple Values For
Roots Step-by-step Lesson- I show you how radicals start to
factor into this mix.
- Guided Lesson
- Using roots in equations, with fractions, and in word problems.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I find it helpful to draw pictures for word problems. That being
said, I forget to add one here.
- Independent Practice
- All the skills that we need to work on are here.
- Matching Worksheet - There are on a few possible choices that make sense in these problems. The are not close at all. Remember to round!
- Find the Square Root
Five Pack - You're given a whole number. Find the integers square
- Simplify Square Roots
with Negative Numbers Five Pack - Simplify these in terms of
i. Why not throw an imaginary number in the mix.
- Square and Square Roots
Five Pack - I kind of got sick or using "X" and "Y".
So this made it more fun.
- Cube Roots Practice
Worksheet - Find the cubes and cube roots of small and large
- Writing Perfect Squares Five Pack - Make a perfect square. It is sometimes fun breaking apart numbers. It makes you into a mathematical hulk, of sorts!
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
Instead of just straight squares we make you work for it a bit.
Simplifying problems in terms of i was added to this section. I have seen this standard include that skill often.
Math Skill Quizzes
Each quiz covers a different skill within the standard.