Volumes of Cones, Cylinders, and Spheres
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 8 Geometry- 8.G.C.9
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Cylinder Volume Step-by-step
Lesson- We work you through finding the volume of cylinder.
You can think of it as a coke can.
- Guided Lesson -
We find the volume of everyday random objects. It's amazing how
everything comes back to simple shapes.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I try to enlighten you on the us of premade formulas that are
used to determine the measures found here.
- Independent Practice
- It helps a great deal to draw pictures of these scenarios. These
are pretty extreme word problems.
- Matching Worksheet
- I used matching units in this set. I normally don't but they really
don't help you answer the problems.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
Don't forgot to properly label the units. Sometimes students forgot that unit are 50% of the answer.
Math Skill Quizzes
When I created the problems I created a list of real life things that were in the three shapes and went from there.