Simplifying Linear Expressions
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 7 Expression & Equations- 7.EE.A.1
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Expression of a Rectangle
Step-by-step Lesson- It's neat how algebra meets up with geometry
sometimes. I like to call the two of them the "Math Avengers".
Let that sink in.
- Guided Lesson
- We work on equivalent expressions, using area and perimeter. We
finish of by critiquing Suzanne's math skills.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I never realize how much writing goes into these explanations.
No wonder you never find them laying around the Internet much.
- Practice Worksheet
- A serious review of all the major skills are found in this one.
A big help.
- Matching Worksheet
- Okay, I kind of blew it with choices "B" and "H".
- Evaluating Variable Expressions
Five Worksheet Pack - You're given an equation and the variables
to plop into them. Make it roll!
- Simplify Expressions
Five Worksheet Pack - Some of these problems can confuse you
if you don't pay attention. Just start the obvious part and then
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
When you throw just a smudge of geometry in there with expressions students tend to draw a blank.
It's all about combining those like terms in the expressions.
Math Skill Quizzes
Don't let the exponents confuse you, they are just a type of variable like anything else.