Data Table Word Problems
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 3 Measurement - 3.MD.B.3
How to Make Better Use of Data Tables - Data tables are usually used for representing the relationship between multiple variables. For instance, monthly revenue generated by a company in the year 2009. This can go even further when deciding to compare the monthly performances of different companies altogether. A data table is often used in the banking sector to make the data more manageable and allow better convenience in understanding it. Data tables have a variety of applications in the professional world like politics, science, and finance. Tables allow a large amount of numeric data to be represented in a more understandable manner. It helps people understand data conveniently. A data table compiles data in the simplest of forms for representing the data. It uses rows and columns for data interpretation. These worksheets and lessons teach students how to manage word problems that include data charts within them.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- On the Farm Data Tables and Tally Charts Step-by-step Lesson- How eggs does Farmer John's hens produce in a month?
- The Maverick Walking Club Guided Lesson - Billy has a tough task ahead of him. He has to track the mileage of all of the Maverick's walking distances.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - It's amazing what data can tell you. You can infer injuries from athletic performance trends.
- Dog Treats Data - Worksheet 1 - Help Dr. Regan determine which dog treats are the most effective for training.
- Tallies and Frequencies - Worksheet 2 - This is a great lead into percentages and fractions work.
- Tally Data Worksheet 3-Pack Series - A three-sheet series that will help you master tallies. Members only access.
The work gets successively more difficult as you advance.
- Homework 1 - What is the total number of hours spent studying on Monday, Wednesday and Friday by all the students?
- Homework 2 - Every day John counts the number of each color of car that go by his house. Help him organize his data into a table.
- Homework 3 - Luke loves to attend sporting events of all kinds. Below is a chart of how many games he attended for each sport in a given year.
- Homework 4 - The chart below shows the types of rentals a video store had during the each month.
If you decide to work in a clothing store or a restaurant, this practice set will be a huge help.
- Practice 1 - Sara has decided to create and sell personalized T-shirts for men and women. The table below shows how many sizes of each she sold.
- Practice 2 - The chart below shows the gender, age, height, weight, and math grade for a group of 5th grade students.
- Practice 3 - Jeremy works in a science lab. One of his jobs is to count the fruit flies in each enclosure. Help John by completing the frequency table.
Math Skill Quizzes
The quizzes give many real world problems you will come up against in the future years.
- Quiz 1 - Three children are competing to see who can sell the most lemonade over the summer. Below is the number of cups they sold each month of the summer.
- Quiz 2 - The chart below shows the color and types of cars each salesman sold.
- Quiz 3 - Help Mrs. Smith by organizing these grades into a chart.