Special Right Triangles (Geometry Emphasis)
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
High School Functions - HSF-TF.A.3
What are Special Right Triangles? When you are learning geometry, right triangles are the core shape which you need to know. Especially because the Pythagoras theorem is one of the most used formulae in this branch of mathematics. A right-angled triangle is those triangles in which one of the angles make a 90° angle. However, the other two angles can be of any value. However, a special right triangle has an angle with the value 90o, and the other two angle has equal angle values of 45°. This selection of worksheets and lessons shows students how to manipulate special right triangles to your advantage in many situations.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Find A Leg Step-by-Step Lesson- When you compare attacking these problems from a Trigonometric or Geometric view; my old professor would say the Geometric views were the way god intended it to be solved.
- Guided Lesson - One triangle with three missing parts. Get to work!
- Guided Lesson Explanation - This one should fly by at this level. This is noting more than a warm-up, at best.
- Practice Worksheet - I have no idea why I didn't just work off of one triangle, but I didn't.
- Matching Worksheet - Find those missing values and make them plug the holes in the triangles.