Fact Family Worksheets
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Mixed - 1.OA.B, 1.OA.C.6, 3.OA.4
What Are Fact Families? There are many facts that we know, right? We know that the sun rises in the East and we also know for a fact that all the planets revolve around the Sun. The statement that the Earth is flat is also a fact. When we combine all these facts together, they will form a small group. Similar to that, mathematics also has fact groups that are known as fact families. Let's understand better what fact families mean! In mathematics, if you three numbers appearing in four statements or facts, it is known as fact family. The numbers, in fact, families are identical in each of the four facts. There are two types of fact families. The first family is known as the addition and subtraction family. The second family is known as the multiplication and division family. For example; 2,4 and 6: So the fact family for addition and subtraction will be: 2 + 4 = 6 | 4 + 2 = 6 | 6 - 2 = 4 | 6 - 4 = 2 Suppose the numbers are 2,4,8 : The equations for fact families will be: 2 x 4 = 8 | 4x 2 = 8 | 8 ÷ 2 = 4 | 8 ÷ 4 = 2. These worksheets help students learn their math facts and the operations that take place.
Addition and Subtraction Math Facts
- Missing Math Fact Families- Which fact is missing from those listed?
- Fact Family Guess Worksheet 2 - You are now asked to create your own math fact with minimal help.
- Triangle Fact Family Terror Worksheet 3 - This is my favorite sheet in the series. It gives you just enough to get going.
- Put It All Together Worksheet 4 - This sheet really helps students get the concept.
- Fact Family Practice Pack - A triangle 5 pack for you. Make sure to grab the answers too.
- Homework 1 - Circle the missing fact from each fact family.
- Homework 2 - I Know There Is One More...
- Homework 3 - Complete each family of facts.
- Homework 4 - We have seen this show before.
- Homework 5 - Fill in the blanks in each fact family.
- Practice 1 - Which are correct?
- Practice 2 - Finish It Off
- Practice 3 - Line Finisher Practice
- Practice 4 - What is missing here?
- Quiz 1 - I wish you could bring it in with this one.
- Quiz 2 - What is missing here?
- Quiz 3 - Put It All Together
- Quiz 4 - Take the value from each box to complete the missing facts.
Multiplication and Division Math Facts
- Triangle Divide and Conquer- It's time to consider quotients and products.
- Find the Fact Family Worksheet 2 - Which fact would complete the entire family?
- Filler Up Families Worksheet 3 - Use the other facts to help you determine what is missing.
- Math Fact Families Wall 4- Can you figure out just the last one?
- View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
- Homework 1 - These are division and multiplication facts.
- Homework 2 - Product and Quotient Completer
- Homework 3 - Multiply & Divide
- Homework 4 - Circle up that fact.
- Homework 5 - Something odd is missing see if you can figure it out.
- Homework 6 - Put it all together here.
- Practice 1 - Triangle Fact Family
- Practice 2 - Another round, but different numbers are involved.
- Practice 3 - More missing facts.
- Practice 4 - Give it a circle.
- Practice 5 - I wish I knew what went in the box.
- Practice 6 - One more go around for you.