Above and Below, Left and Right
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Kindergarten Measurement - K.MD.A.2
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Higher Than
Roosters Step-by-Step Lesson- Name the animals that are above
the rooster and which tigers faces the left.
- Guided Lesson
- I did this one in color, but it does print very well in black
- Guided Lesson
Explanation - This is a good time to bring the compass rose
into their lives.
- Practice Worksheet
- Yes, it is nine pages long, but it really helps kids space out
Worksheet - Match the visual problems to their answers.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
- Animals Facing Left and Right Worksheet- This is an interesting sheet because you have to put yourself in the animals shoes to answer it correctly.
- Bunny Mark Above and below Guided Lesson - Two things are above the bunny and three things are below him. What are they?
- Bunny Mark Above and below Guided Lesson Explanation- I labeled the arrows just to make sure it worked out.
- Above and Below Guided Lesson 2 - Talk about a random mixed of objects and items.
- Above and Below Guided Lesson 2 Explanation- I find the legend/key to be very helpful for this skill.
- The Fishy Above and Below Guided Lesson- Angling these fish was a new graphics program experience for me.
- Left and Right Step by Step Lesson- I added a rise to the animals, just in case you wanted to touch on above and below too.
- Left and Right Guided Lesson 2- Arrows really make this one stick out more in students minds.
- Position of Left and Right Worksheet- There are some trick questions here. I wouldn't be surprised if kids had lots of questions.
- Practicing Above and Below Worksheet- Reading skills really come into play here.
- The Bee Above and Below Worksheet- Not sure if it is a bee as much as it is butterfly.