Naming and Introducing Exponents
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 5 Base Ten - 5.NBT.A.2
These worksheets and lessons introduce the concept of an exponent to students.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Step-by-Step Lesson- We work on converting back and forth between exponential form and expanded form.
- Guided Lesson - We work on both conversion formats twice each.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - We aimed to make this very visual and vivid for kids.
- Practice Worksheet - Condense the expanded form by using exponents.
- Introducing Exponents Worksheet - This covers everything for this skill.
Introduction to Exponents Sheets
Complete the table for: Power, Base, Exponent, Expanded form, Value.
- Homework 2 - Complete the blanks in the table below.
- Homework 3 - Label the Power, Base, and the Exponent.
Naming the Exponents Worksheets
Name the following exponents using either numbers or words to complete the table.