Simple Addition Word Problem Worksheets
How to Identify Addition Operations in Math Word Problems - The most difficult thing about word problems is figuring out what the problem is asking for. It is tat part where you need to identify the English words out of the problem and figure out what they mean here. Once you get that, the rest becomes easy and fairly simple too. But translating the words is the real problem and a little bit time consuming too. Luckily, there are a few steps and a few words to look out for in a word problem that will help you crack the problem. Here's sharing with you some tricks to identify addition operations in a word problem. The first step is to read the entire problem thoroughly at least twice. The second thing to keep in mind is that do not start solving in the middle of the problem. Try to get the gist of the complete problem, and then organize the data. In order to identify if it's an addition word problem or not, look for words like; total, altogether, sum of, increased by, more than, combined, added to and etc. These worksheets and lessons help students learn how to identify that a word problem calls for addition and then perform the required operations.
Aligned Standard: 1.OA.A.2
- Katrina's Cows Step-by-Step Lesson- How much milk does she get from her cows.
- Guided Lesson - Grading tests, totaling your candy supply, and the high cost of kids.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - I break everything down from the sentences for you.
- Addition Word Problems Pack -This is ten pages of repeated problems. Practice makes perfect!
- Practice Sheet - A real nice mix of problems for you.
- Matching Worksheet - Match each scenario to the total of the problem.
- Answer Keys - These are for all the unlocked materials above.
I like to focus these guides using visual prompts. The kids can easily make the number association.
- Group Addition - Guided Lesson 1 - Take your skills to sea.
- Correct Number Guided Lesson 2 - What does this yummy treat add up to?
- Picture Addition - Step-by-Step Lesson 1 - Bee careful here and don't stung.
- Number Addition in Pictures Guided Lesson 3- Soccer balls get in here and make an appearance.
- Picture Addition - Guided Lesson 4 - Yes, there are 2 "Guided Lesson 2s".
I might overwhelm you with visuals in this section.
- Addition Equation Worksheet- What numbers can you ring out of these visual set ups?
- Picture Addition Worksheet - Your check comes out of the mail here.
- Visually Adding Objects Worksheet- Which sum is the correct outcome?
- Sum of Squares Addition Worksheet - We start going into the teens with our sums.