Single Digit Addition
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Operations - 1.NBT.C.4
How to Quickly Learn Single Digit Addition? One cannot proceed to advanced concepts in mathematics until they have a clear understanding of single-digit addition and multiplication. Students will find it very difficult to carry out double and multi-digit addition if they do not have a strong concept of single-digit addition. Finger Counting - The most effective approach to help kids learn single-digit addition is to teach them figure counting. You need to start with numbers less than five and move forward once they have developed an idea of how to use their fingers to count. Using Objects - Another way to teach kids the concept of single-digit addition is to use objects. You can use pencils, fruits, and even their toys to teach them addition. Completing Tens - The third way is to teach kids to complete 10. If they must add to two numbers; 6 and 5, you can tell them to choose the bigger number. Now take the second number and split the second number in a way that one part of the second number completes the count till 10 and finally add the other part into 10. These worksheets help students learn to master adding single digit values.
- Single Digit Addition Step-by-Step Lesson- Turn your counting skills into addition skills.
- Guided Lesson - We go vertical and horizontal on this one.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - Simple skip counting skills can make addition an easy skill.
- Addition 0 to 9 - 5 Pack -Adding zero through nines as we work away at the skill.
- Using A Number Line to Add Practice Sheet - Use a numbers line to help you complete the skill.
- Practice Worksheet - Six addition problems in a vertical fashion. Four problems in a horizontal format.
- Matching Worksheet - Draw a line from the sum to their totals.
- Numbers Line Addition Worksheet - This truly locks down the concept of addition. Numbers lines are a god send.
These are very raw basic skills that we start to build on.
- Single Digit Addition Guided Lesson 1 - The total baby step of finding sums.
- Single Digit Addition Guided Lesson 2 - We really just advance by two numbers.
- Mark the Same Thing Guided Lesson 3 - Find the two equations that are equal.
- Number Line Addition Practice- Guided Lesson 4 - Number lines really help this make a lot more sense for kids.
- Gingerbread Men Addition Lesson - More of an adding one more lesson.
There is a vast range in difficulty of the items below.
- Find the Equal Addition Equations Worksheet - Which two equations mean the same thing?
- Horizontal Addition Practice Worksheet - Let's switch up the orientation of the problems.
- Single Digit Addition Worksheet 1 - The simple worksheets that you are conditioned for.
- Single Digit Addition Worksheet 2 - And yet another one for you.