Inside, Outside And Between
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Precursor to Kindergarten - K.G.A.1
What is Meant by Inside, Outside And Between? We are aware of so many definitions and so many positions that we use in everyday life. Up, down, left, right, backward, forward, and so many more. Just like these definitions, there are a few other definitions we need to keep in our minds as well. Let's take a look at those, shall we? Let us first take an example. Consider that there's a room and you are in there. Five minutes later, your mom calls you and you go to see what she needs. After leaving your room, you realize that she wasn't in the room next to yours. Instead, she was in the last room of the hall. So, you go to her, see what she needs and come back to your room. Here's the fun part, you just learnt what inside, outside and between is! Let us repeat, see when you were in your room, you were INSIDE. When you heard your mom call and to respond to her, you came OUTSIDE the room. And the room in the middle of yours and your mom's room was BETWEEN the rooms. Wasn't this fun to learn? You'll learn more with us! These worksheets help students understand the positional concepts of being inside, outside, or between other objects.
Printable Worksheets and Lessons
- Kitty in the Basket: Step-by-Step Lesson- Decide where the kitty is.
- Guided Worksheet - This is like a visual walk through. Focus on getting acquainted with the words.
- Guided Explanation - Really, the explanation is just: "I wrote the word."
- Independent Practice Worksheet - Interpret what is going on in all the pictures.
- Matching Worksheet - This is a reading activity that some children find easy, while others have difficulty.
There are a with a maximum of three objects per work page. Would it be helpful to have more object at this level?
- Lesson 1 - The fish is inside the bowl.
- Lesson 2 - The rabbit is outside the basket.
- Lesson 3 - Spot where that tortoise is at.
- Lesson 4 - This will ask you to mark two different positions.
- Lesson 5 - The snowman is in between the cowboy and the lamb.
These are very clear and understandable for the little ones.