Aligned To Common Core Standard:
High School - HSN-VM.B.4c
How to Subtract Vectors - Vector subtraction doesn't come in our calculations quite often, but it is an important concept to have, though. However, aside from the arithmetical subtraction, you can also subtract two vectors with the help of a figure. In order to subtract two vectors, you must put the tails together, then draw a resultant vector. The resultant vector is the difference of two vectors, starting from the head of the vector to the head of the vector you are subtracting from. These worksheets will show students how to find the differences between two vectors.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Vector Differences Step-by-step Lesson- This is an interesting approach to solving these types of problems. A colleague wrote this one for me.
- Guided Lesson - I provide the vectors in rectangular format and visual prompts.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - The steps to solving these are concise and not difficult for most.
- Practice Worksheet - Drill and kill on vector differences.
- Matching Worksheet - Match the vector that are detailed to their difference.
Throwing it all into a triangle makes it a little more reasonable for students.
We state the existence of vectors in several different forms.
Math Skill Quizzes
The quizzes are much more straight forward than the homework or practice sheets.