Vector Sums Magnitude and Direction
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
High School- HSN-VM.B.4b
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Visualizing Vector
Sums Step-by-step Lesson- I give you a word problem that will
prompt you to draw the vectors first.
- Guided Lesson
- This is where you might start to lose some students. Make sure
that they understand every step along the way.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I tried to make this very clear. I might have added an extra step
- Practice Worksheet
- This one can be very time consuming. It took one of my students
just under an hour to complete it.
- Matching Worksheet - Match the vector word problem to its outcome.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
For this skill we compound two calculations to get a better understanding of the vector.
We now translate this skill to real world word problems.
Math Skill Quizzes
Make sure to review the use of angles in these. The angle 0° seems to give kids trouble and trips them up.