Determining and Predicting the Rate of Change of Functions
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
High School Interpreting Functions- HSF-IF.B.6
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Starting with Slope
Step-by-step Lesson- This is more of a basic reminder of the
skills that will be required for the other sections.
- Guided Lesson
- I know that it is a pretty lame scenario with the potatoes. I
was running low on creativity that day.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I always like to encourage students to draw a graph even if all
they needed was to calculate the slope.
- Practice Worksheet
- Some of the word problems might stump kids. That is why it gets
them into a set routine to adapt to the problem.
- Matching Worksheet - Many people will trip up between choices d and e.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
Finding the slope on the first two leads us to finding an average trend on the third homework.
Now we have students start to interpret the meaning of the slope of the line.
Math Skill Quizzes
We start with some simple word problems to target the concept of slope.