Inverses of Discrete Functions
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
High School Building Functions- HSF-BF.B.4a
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Inverse Exchanges
Step-by-step Lesson- We want to make these values run along
the opposite axis when graphed.
- Guided Lesson
- Find the inverse of all the functions along the way.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I specifically chose function that would work out nicely, hence
- Practice Worksheet
- Some people, even teachers, get thrown by the notation. We are
still looking for just the inverse.
- Matching Worksheet
- Match the functions to their inverses.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
Make sure that students get very comfortable with the vocabulary here before setting them loose on their own.
The inverse exchange concept does throw a few children off. Make sure they understand it.
Math Skill Quizzes
Sometimes the inverse of a function can be simple. Other times, it can take 30 minutes.