Aligned To Common Core Standard:
High School - HSA-SSE.A.1b
How to approach solving Complicated Mathematical Expressions An algebraic expression is any mathematical phrase that includes a combination of constants and variables. It cannot be solved; it can only be simplified as it has an "equals" sign. Any complicated mathematical expression can be simplified, no matter how complicated it may be, by learning the basics. Suppose you get an expression: 3x2 + 5 + 4x3 - x2 + 2x3 + 9 The first task is to make sure it is arranged in the right order. Like this: 3x2 - x2 + 4x3 + 2x3 + 5 + 9 Now it can be simplified like this: 2x2 + 6x3 + 14 The equation cannot be solved any further. The second tip for solving a complicated mathematical expression is that you must know how to factor a number. Suppose you are working with an algebraic expression, which means that there is an equal sign. Then the problem can be solved or simplified further by taking out the terms that are common. These worksheets and lessons teach students to breakdown expressions into understandable parts and rewrite them.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Rewriting Expressions
Step-by-step Lesson- How to split apart like expressions.
- Guided Lesson
- Rewrite simple set ups, simplify expressions, and write number
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I amazed that I got such a solid explanation into one page of
- Practice Worksheet
- I made this into a very digestible mix of problems for you.
- Adding and Subtracting Rational
Expressions Five Pack - A sweet five page set for you to practice
with and hone your skills.
- Matching Worksheet
- Find the matching rewritten expressions.
Time to separate those expressions into pieces.
- Homework 1 - The new format that has been presented separates the variable V from the expressions.
- Homework 2 - We need to remember that the easiest way to simplify expressions is to combine like terms.
- Homework 3 - A parenthesis is missing from each expression below. Place the parenthesis in the proper position based on the description of the number sentence given.
These sheets run you through a variety of different directives.
Math Skill Quizzes
I will add more difficult quizzes in the coming months. This format was specifically requested by many teachers.