Solving Linear Equations and Inequalities in One Variable
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
High School- HSA-REI.B.3
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Linear Variables
Step-by-step Lesson- Again and again; our most important step
is combining like terms.
- Guided Lesson
- Remember that in this mathematical context, inequalities and equations
are relatively similar in terms of how they are solved.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- The focus is on isolating that variable and combining like terms.
- Practice Worksheet
- I kept the skill we were working on in consecutive questions to
get students in the rhythm of solving them.
- Solving Linear Inequalities
Five Pack - The first part asks you to solve the inequalities
and the second half asks you to graph the solution set.
- Matching Worksheet
- Match the equations to the value if the variables that they contain.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
I forgot how difficult some of these problems appear to kids that see them for the first time.
I find that if I encourage kids to number their steps when answering these questions, they have an easy time.