Subtraction and Unknown Addends (to 20)
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Operations- OA.4
- Missing Addends Step-by-step Lesson-
How much gas does Mr. George need?
- Clocks, Dolls, and Candles Guided
Lesson - You are given a few pictures to make it a bit easier
for you to handle.
- Numeric Guided Lesson Explanation
- The pictures are mirrored by the numbers that they represent to
make it transition with ease.
- Blank Box Problems - We give you
a series of problems that have picture mirrored missing addends.
- Match the Missing Pieces
- Find the missing piece of each equation. A really good way to
sum it all up.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
The pictures should help students along with these.
- Guided Lesson 1 - Nicky is picking flowers.
- Guided Lesson 2 - It was Spring time when I wrote this one.
- Step-by-step Lesson 1 - Rubber duckies in a box! What can go wrong?
- Step-by-step Lesson 2 - Sorry that I didn't give this one more personality.
- Step-by-step Lesson 3 - A quick break into word problems.
The sheets below should start to stimulate thinking at the next level for students.
- Addition Equations - See if you can get this one to add up for you.
- Independent Practice - The diagrams used here are great to work into fractions in the next level of the core curriculum.
- Independent Practice 2- The dark part is what is missing and students need to fill in.
- Matching Worksheet - This is great to see the level that kids are thinking about. I like to just set them loose on these.