Working With Equals Signs
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Operations- OA.7
- Which Equal is Equal Step-by-step Lesson-
Compare two equations and circle the one that is correct.
- Skill Challenge Guided Lesson
- Covers 3 skills: Sign Identification, Long Operations, Basic Operations.
- Operations Guided Lesson Explanation
- We look at the use of all the different operations and how to
work through it.
- Is It Correct? Why Not?
- Basic operations that all include the equals sign. Which are not
- Match What Is Equal - Which two equations are equal?
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
These are a bit more advanced than the work above.
- Find the Right One Guided Lesson 1 - What makes 14?
- Guided Lesson 2 - A little less work here, but it is just as important.
- Proper Use of Sums and Differences Lesson 1 - Circle them if they are right. Fix them if they are wrong.
- Add and Subtract Equations with Equal Signs Lesson 2 - What sign is missing here?
- True or False Pyramid Lesson 3 - This is quite a long one for this level.
These are a lot more creative than most standards based sheets.
- Independent Practice Worksheet- You are basically grading someone's homework here. That�s what I tell the kids.
- Mark the Right Worksheet- Let's grade another batch of homework.
- Matching Worksheet- This is very advanced but it is worth seeing how they do with it.
- Picture the Missing Sign Worksheet - I really like these types of questions for kids at this level.