Attributes of Shapes
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Geometry - G.1
What Are the Attributes of Shapes? To understand what shapes are, we do not need to search for them on the internet as everything around us has a shape. Look around; you will see many simple shapes such as square, circle, rectangle, sphere, cylinder, etc. To develop an understanding of different shapes, it is better to learn their attributes. The properties and traits of any shape are known as its attributes. Let's understand what these attributes are: Features or properties that visually define any shape are its attributes. For example: Square is a basic shape. Its attributes will be: Attributes: - It has four sides and four vertices. - All sides of the square are equal. - Opposite sides are parallel. - The angles between any two adjacent sides are 90 degrees. Let's take an equilateral triangle Attributes: - All three sides are equal. - The angle between two adjacent sides is 60 degrees. These worksheets help students identify and get comfortable with geometric shapes.
- Naming Shapes Step-by-step Lesson-
You are given 5 shapes and we show you how to go about naming them
properly based on their properties.
- Fill In The Shape Guided Lesson
- We give you 5 shapes and you just need to figure out which meet
the criteria that is given.
- Colored In Guided Lesson Explanation
- We walk you through how to identify the proper shape.
- What Shapes Are There?
- Look in the cookie jar and see what shapes are in it.
- Sorting Shapes Lesson -
A nice break down on shapes for you.
- Lots of Shapes To Identify
- Shade in or color the shape we are looking for.
- Shapes and Orientation - Match the shapes that have been rotated a bit.
My true goal here is for students to start seeing the shapes that surround them all day long.
- Introducing Basic 3 Dimensional Shape Guide - If kids have no frame of reference for shapes, here is the guide they need.
- Attributes of Shapes Guide 2 - We meet up with a circle and an oval. We introduce three dimensional shapes too.
- Attributes of Shapes Guide 3 - We sum up the left over shapes for students that are seeing them for the first time.
- Identifying Shapes from Image Guided Lesson 1 - Find the three shapes in the house.
- Find Shapes from a Picture Guided Lesson 2 - A little bit of Egypt for your day..
- Identifying Shapes Guided Lesson 3 - This is kind of a little quiz for you on this section.
We focus on the names of the shapes in all types of settings.
- Label the Shape Worksheet 1 - Three simple shapes for you to knock down.
- Find Shapes from a Image Worksheet 2 - We adjust those shapes to a baseball, egg, and cut sandwich.
- Label the Pair of Shapes Worksheet 3 - Name both shapes.
- Draw the Shapes Positions As Directed Worksheet 4 - Time to really show us what you know about shapes.