Counting (Up to 120)
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Numbers- 1.NBT.1
- Counting Stars Step-by-step Lesson- We
teach you to get in the habit of counting rows and totaling them
at the end of each row.
- Count Pluses, Happy Faces, and
Diamonds Guided Lesson - More row on row counting practice for
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I point out the row method of counting by using columns.
- Count Lots and Lots of Objects
- There are 10 full on problems for you to tackle here.
- Match Your Count Totals - We have you match items to their huge number counts.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
I concentrate on teaching kids to count by rows.
- Apples Guided Lesson Explanation 1 - If it were an apple a day, it's about four months worth.
- Dolls Guided Lesson Explanation 2 - We count layered Russian stacking dolls.
- Corn Guided Lesson Explanation 3 - You can even say you are counting a farmer's crops.
- Rectangles Guided Lesson Explanation 4 - More row counts of rounded rectangles.
- Hearts Step-by-step Lesson 1 - Count all the hearts that you can see.
These worksheets work towards higher levels bouncing off of this skill.
- Advanced Practice Worksheet 1 - The first four questions speak of counting. The last one adds complex sums.
- Advanced Practice Worksheet 2 - Lots of short counts for you and then a large sum.
- Independent Practice Worksheet - Froggies, bananas, and bees.
- Matching Worksheet - I would use this one as a review. Some kids have problems separating rows.