Addition Word Problems (Up to 20)
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Operations - OA.2
Tips for Addition Word Problems Numbers can be daunting. It’s one thing to solve a 2-digit sum and another thing to solve a word problem because they are tricky. Wordiness, mixed with anxiety, makes you fearful in a matter of seconds. But, addition happens in life all the time; therefore it is imperative to get a grasp over these word problems. Here are some easy ways to understand and quickly solve addition word problems. Read the problem thoroughly Read the problem over and over many times slowly until you have a clear idea of what the question is about. To solve the question and extract the numbers, understanding the problem is essential. Once you know, start working on it. Extract the numbers Try to extract the numbers from the lines and write them down on a piece of paper. Once you have the numbers, you can quickly solve the problem. Use illustrations To add the numbers, draw small lines or dots on a piece of paper beside the sum. Now you can easily add the numbers and get your answer. These word problem worksheets focus on problems that include an additional value within it.
- Using Pictures To Help Step-by-step
Lesson- A very simple word problem that is supported with pictures.
- Blankets, Jars, and Language Class
Guided Lesson - Three different word problems, all with the
help of pictures.
- Counting Guided Lesson Explanation
- The explanations all involve the help of counting methods.
- 10 Practice Word Problems
- All problems are in sum form, but they all have a unique twist.
- Matching Word Problems and Answers - This is a very unique way of doing this type of problem.
These will lead students to understanding the point of word problems quicker.
- Picture Addition - Guided Lesson 1 - Are these pencils .
- Equation for the Picture Guided Lesson 2 - What was my obsession with pens that day?
- Picture Addition - Step-by-step - Dennis has a lot of pencils to share.
- Picture Addition Guided - Time to make a candy coated equation.
I created this section as a primer section for word problems.
- Cube Sum Visual Problems - Why this is here will make sense as you progress through this section.
- Picture Addition- Help the circles make sense. Which sum fits?
- Matching Addition Equations - Which picture matches which equation?
- Subtraction Mixed Box Practice- More skills practice for you.
- Visual Addition Word Problems - Use the pictures to tiptoe your way through this one.