Relating Counting to Addition and Subtraction
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Operations- 1.OA.5, 1.OA.6
- Counting With Sums Step-by-step
Lesson- We work on skip by 2s to 20. We show it as repeated
- Skip Counting and Sequences Guided
Lesson - Skip counting by 3s, 4s, and find a missing number
in a sequence.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- We work through all of the answers for you.
- Sentence Based Practice Worksheet
- These are like mini-word problems that all involve sums and differences.
- Matching Sums and Equations
Worksheet - We give you a series of addition equations and ask
you to match it to their sums.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
These sheets will lead students to start to contemplate patterns and ordered systems.
- Guided Lesson 1 - Can you catch your mistake?
- Step-by-step Lesson 1 - Should have called this the count by 2s lesson.
- Count by 5s Lesson 2 - There is a big gap from counting by 2s to counting by 5s.
- Lesson 3 - Time to count by 4s in this sequence.
- Write What's Missing Guided Lesson 4 - There is a hole in this pattern. Plug it up!
After students have a good handle on the skill, start using these sheets.
- Matching Worksheet- Heavy sums practice that will lead them into the next level.
- Write the Missing Number Worksheet- Fixed sequences that are all but finished.
- Relate Counting to Operations Practice- These are super empty patterns for you to work with.
- Circle the Wrong Answer Practice Worksheet - All the patterns are wrong. Find the number that botched it!