Addition of Numbers (Under 100)
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Numbers- 1.NBT.4
- Sums to 100 Step-by-step Lesson-
This is a 3 part lesson. Double and single digit sums, Two Digits
and Multiple of 10s sums, and straight double digit sums.
- Horizontal, Vertical, a Picture
Sums Guided Lesson - Working on the same skills in the lesson,
but we add pictures to the mix.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I use a general explanation here. See if you think it is clear
enough for students.
- Adding Double Digits
Practice Worksheet - 10 problems setup in a vertical fashion.
- Horizontal Matching Worksheet - This is another great led into algebra skills at this level.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
Place values are great to cover before stepping up to higher levels with sums.
- Guided Lesson 1 - We work on the horizontal sum of two double digit numbers.
- Guided Lesson 2 - Much of the same, but we tangle with zeroes now.
- Guided Lesson 3 - We go all vertical on you.
- Guided 4 - The sum of sixes at the ones place throws more kids than you would think.
- Picture Explanation - A simple refresher for anyone who is struggling with this.
I went in a lot of different directions with these to help teachers and students see different angles.
- Compare Numbers Worksheet - This one is good to throw in there for more repetition.
- Addition of Numbers Matching Worksheet - We baby step our way to sums over 100.
- Solving Sums (under 100) Table Worksheet - The box is filled with sums. Find their solution.
- Visually Adding Objects Worksheet - Which sum matches the egg problems?