Scientific Notation Multiplication and Division
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 8 Equations - 8.EE.A.4
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Products of Sci. Notation
Step-by-Step Lesson- I love how you can just add the powers
of ten. The first person to figure that out must have been floored.
- Guided Lesson - We
add two quotients in here to get more practice in.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- Finding quotients is very similar to finding products.
- Practice Worksheet - When
we multiply forms of scientific notation you get some interesting
products in here.
- Matching Worksheet
- The answers to these are not as obvious as you would think.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
The top half is all products. The bottom is where the quotients are found.
A good idea is to get in the habit of circling and rewriting the exponents immediately.
Math Skill Quizzes
I used a larger font for the numbers that forces kids to rewrite the problem. This is a good thing!