Rounding Integers Based on Place Value
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 4 Base Ten - 4.NBT.3
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Tens and Hundreds Step-by-Step Lesson- Use numbers and words to find just the right place.
- Guided Lesson - Pay
attention when working on this one. There are a number of changes
that happen quickly through out the problems.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I love using the ones, tens, hundreds, column chart to explain
these; you should try it.
- Practice Worksheet - A
nice mix of problems that mimic the guided sheet.
- Matching Worksheet
- Since there are at least two parts to every problem, it is pretty
easy for kids.
- Worksheet Five Pack
- You might get sick of rounding everything to the nearest ten;
this just might do it.
- Rounding To the Nearest
100s Lesson - I buried everything in word problems.
and Estimate Based Word Problems - A practical way of handling
- Rounding With the
Help of a Numbers Line Lesson (Tens Place) - Use the numbers
line as a guide to help you through everything here.
- Rounding to the
Nearest Tens Place (Under 100) Lesson - Another walkthrough
on the 100s place for you.
- Estimating Differences
Based on Rounding Worksheet - A nice way to transition to differences
and estimation from place value.
- Rounding to the Nearest
Tens Place - Great for a quick refresher for you.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
1. Find the underlined place value. 2. Complete the expanded form for each number in standard form. 3. Compare the place values.
I receive a great deal of positive feedback on these sheets. Most teachers love the diverse questioning technique.