Multiply Matrices by Scalars to Produce New Matrices
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
High School- HSN-VM.C.7
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Missing Number Step-by-step
Lesson- A simple matrix multiplied by a whole number. What's
- Guided Lesson
- We stick very close to the lesson to make these very do-able for
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- We also recommend that you review this in fraction based form
even though the standards don't directly call for it.
- Practice Worksheet
- Some kids will start to see this as straight multiplication which
it definitely is not.
- Matching Worksheet
- Match the products and the whole numbers and matrices that produced
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
Starting with the root definition of a matrix and scalar can help this skill go by quicker.
A scalar is, for all purposes and intents, just a real number. Matrices are more dynamic.
Math Skill Quizzes
Print these off to see how it all came together for students.