Attributes of Shapes
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Geometry- G.1
- Naming Shapes Step-by-step Lesson-
You are given 5 shapes and we show you how to go about naming them
properly based on their properties.
- Fill In The Shape Guided Lesson
- We give you 5 shapes and you just need to figure out which meet
the criteria that is given.
- Colored In Guided Lesson Explanation
- We walk you through how to identify the proper shape.
- What Shapes Are There?
- Look in the cookie jar and see what shapes are in it.
- Sorting Shapes Lesson -
A nice break down on shapes for you.
- Lots of Shapes To Identify
- Shade in or color the shape we are looking for.
- Shapes and Orientation - Match the shapes that have been rotated a bit.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
My true goal here is for students to start seeing the shapes that surround them all day long.
- Introducing Basic 3 Dimensional Shape Guide - If kids have no frame of reference for shapes, here is the guide they need.
- Attributes of Shapes Guide 2 - We meet up with a circle and an oval. We introduce three dimensional shapes too.
- Attributes of Shapes Guide 3 - We sum up the left over shapes for students that are seeing them for the first time.
- Identifying Shapes from Image Guided Lesson 1 - Find the three shapes in the house.
- Find Shapes from a Picture Guided Lesson 2 - A little bit of Egypt for your day..
- Identifying Shapes Guided Lesson 3 - This is kind of a little quiz for you on this section.
We focus on the names of the shapes in all types of settings.
- Label the Shape Worksheet 1 - Three simple shapes for you to knock down.
- Find Shapes from a Image Worksheet 2 - We adjust those shapes to a baseball, egg, and cut sandwich.
- Label the Pair of Shapes Worksheet 3 - Name both shapes.
- Draw the Shapes Positions As Directed Worksheet 4 - Time to really show us what you know about shapes.