Making Two-dimensional Shapes
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Geometry- 1.G.2
- 2 Dimensional Shapes Step-by-step
Lesson- This is a great starter for symmetry skills too. Piece together the
shapes by using parts of the shapes.
- Guided Lesson - All of these
questions each have two parts. We have you construct a shape for
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- We show students how to match up missing quarters and halves.
- Practice Worksheet - The practice
sheet has a number of unique parts of shapes and shapes alike.
- Matching Halves Worksheet - See which half would fit in each shape.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
This is a very visual and spatial topic.
- Counting Corners and Sides Guided Lesson 1 - The hexagon comes to play and wants his corners and sides counted.
- Counting Corners and Sides Guided Lesson 2 - Same thing, but with a pentagon now.
- Recognizing Two-dimensional Shapes Step-by-step Lesson 1 - We play name the shapes so that we can work toward making them.
- Recognizing Two-dimensional Shapes Step-by-step Lesson 2 - My cousin made this one. She's being living in Toronto for three years.
- Counting Corners and Sides of Shapes Lesson - A simple illustration of sides versus corners.
Geometry skills later in life hinge on understanding the basic vocabulary here.
- Counting Corners and Sides of Shapes Worksheet 1 - This is called the shape line up.
- Finding and Recognizing Two-dimensional Shapes Worksheet 2 - You can definitely find a lot more that two shapes in this race car.
- Putting Two Together To Make One Worksheet 3 - Which two parts make the one shape?