Ten More Or Ten Less
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Numbers- 1.NBT.5
- Tens Place Work Step-by-step Lesson- We
ask you to move tens place in four problems.
- Drawing Guided Lesson - We
ask you to count apples on a tree and even draw apples on the tree.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- This is a simple and straight forward set of instructions.
- Ducks Add 10s Practice - Add
a tens place repeatedly on these problems.
- Matching More or Less -
Find stars that contain numbers that are 10 more or less than the
numbers they give you.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
The skills we explore here will serve you well to retain on to your next grade level.
- Step-by-step Lesson 1 - We give you a number. You tell us what is up or down a tens place.
- Step-by-step Lesson 2 - This will really help you when rounding too.
- Step-by-step Lesson 3 - We keep the streak alive and keep working away at it.
- Step-by-step Lesson 4 - Fill in the missing tens places.
- Step-by-step Lesson 5 - See if your counts will help you out here.
The questions that we see here are very commonly found on State exams.
- Operations Based Problems Independent Practice - We take those skill and roll them into basic operations problems.
- Practice Worksheet 1 - We turn five problems into ten questions for you.
- Practice Worksheet 2- Continue on the same path with these.
- Practice Worksheet 3 - See if skip counting by tens will help you here. Long story short, it will!